DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 1999, as a separate stream of learning. The department offers Bachelor of Computer Application (B.C.A.) and Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (B.Sc.C.S.) on self-financial basis. The department aims at providing quality education in Information Technology field with the finest environment for teaching, learning, research, innovation and character building.
The department has taken off well with the latest facilities and laboratories in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. The department has established well equipped 5 computer laboratories and one Digital Electronics lab for conducting practicals. Out of which, one computer laboratory is used for E-learning facility with free internet facility for student and staff of college.
Being a part of an Autonomous college, the department always tries to introduce new courses in
the curriculum of BCA and B.Sc.C.S. for enhancing employability of students.
From the year 2017-18 Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) pattern has been implemented at Undergraduate. As a part of CBCS, at UG II Year Skill Enhancement Courses namely Android Operating System and Mobile Application Development and at UG III Year Aptitude and Reasoning, Personality Development and Interview Techniques have been introduced. The department has incorporated .Net technologies such as C#, ASP.Net and programming languages like PHP, Python and Type Scripting in the curriculum. Internship is also included in curriculum for TY students.
1. Qualified, experienced and dedicated teaching staff.
2. Seminars, guest lectures, industry expert and alumni talk and industry academia
workshops are regularly organized for students to cope up with the current trends in IT
sector and to acquaint corporate standards and culture.
3. Guidance/coaching for competitive examinations and career counseling is conducted.
4. RSM-Hackathon project competition is organized every year to inculcate research culture
5. Active participation of students and teachers in research fellowship programmes like
6. Laptop awareness camp is organized to aware students about the importance of laptop in
education. As a result of this students are using laptop in theory as well as practicals on
large extent and improvement in technical skill is seen.
7. The Swayam NPTEL, Spoken Tutorial IIT Bombay courses and certificate courses
designed by faculty members of department are run in the college.
8. College Website is designed, developed and maintained by faculty and students of the
Training and Placement Cell of college conducts training programmes, workshops and mock
interviews for final year students, as a result of this, every year students of BCA and B.Sc.C.S.
got placement in reputed IT industries such as Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Capgemini, Sagitec,
Amdocs, Mindtree etc.
Students of BCA and B.Sc.CS get admitted in reputed universities and colleges in State, National
and abroad for higher studies.