The Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell was established in 2013 at the college
to solve the problems of students and the staff. It promotes the special interests of students in the
reserved category. The SC/ST Cell has been set up in the college to ensure proper
implementation of various schemes of UGC, Government of India and State Govt. concerning
scholarships, stipends etc. for welfare of reserved categories. It is expected to provide special
inputs in areas where the students experience difficulties. The cell works for the social and
economic development of the SC/ST students. The aim of the cell is to increase the status of
SC/ST students by providing the information about State and Central Government’s educational
Schemes. The cell functions as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the grievances of SC/ST students
and employees and renders them necessary help in solving their academic as well as
administrative problems. The Cell also is expected to organize interactive sessions and informal
meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems. Through this
cell, we provide educational information and facilities to SC/ST students. In every semester the
cell takes two meetings.
Objectives of the cell:
1. To acquaint the students about schemes offered by the State Governments, Government
of India (GOI) and UGC
2. To solve the problems of SC/ST students
3. To arrange the lectures of placement officer for guidance
4. To felicitate SC/ST students for their great work in education field
5. To support SC/ST students by giving uniform.
6. To establish SC/ST students’ Association
7. To celebrate Birth anniversary and Death anniversary of the great people who contributed
by their work to backward class.
8. To promote higher education among SC/ST communities suffering from economic, social
and educational deprivations.