Avishkar is initiated by His Excellency, Governor of Maharashtra, and Shri. S.M. Krishna in 2006. It’s a Research Competition among all Universities of Maharashtra. This is a Special effort towards the participation of the talented students from rural and urban areas in such a Research Competition. It is an excellent platform to showcase innovative products, ideas, concepts and solutions addressing to societal needs from young students, researchers, teachers of the university. The Objective of AVISHKAR is to foster young researchers that are intended to contribute societal needs while undertaking their under-graduation, post-graduation and research studies.
Aims and Objectives of AVISHKAR:
• To inculcate research culture among students and young faculties
• To encourage original and novel thinking.
• To provide an opportunity for expression of academic talent.
• To promote interaction among academia, R & D institutes and industries.
Categories /DisciplinesAVISHKAR involved all disciplines and grouped them into Six, They are:
• Humanities, Languages, Fine Arts, etc (Social Sciences, Education, Phy. Education etc)
• Commerce, Management, Law
• Pure Sciences
• Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
• Engineering & Technology
• Medicine and Pharmacy
Levels for Participations
• Each discipline has four levels of participation
• UG Level
• PG Level
• Post PG Level (M.Phil/ Ph.D.)
• Teacher Level