DEPARTMENT OF RETAIL MANAGEMENT
The main highlight of the B. Voc. course Retail Management and IT is students get to learn the intricacies of retailing such as procurement, negotiation skills with vendors, pricing, store design and layout, customer service, etc. Students experience real customers in the form of students and teachers from all the departments of our college. As far as placements are concerned, the students are eligible for both marketing and retail profiles. Some of the most prominent companies that come to campus every year for placements are Reliance Retail, Shoppers Stop, Big Bazaar, etc.
1. B.Voc. Highlights
• 10+2 in any stream
• Industry Partner: Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI)
• Tie-ups with big industries and super-markets for training and placements
• Very low fee structure
• Flexibility to exit after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 3 years
• Emphasis on practical aspect of learning
• Conduct of workshops / seminars / labs by experts in various fields
• Equipped Computer Lab
• Availability of books and reading material for the students
• Visits to trade fairs, malls & leading industries free of cost
2. Duration of Program:
The duration of Program is 3 years with 3 exit points.
||CORE LEVEL / RESPONDING / NSQF
1. After successful completion of second semester (1st Year) a Diploma will be awarded to the candidate.
2. After successful completion of fourth semester (2nd Year) an Advance Diploma will be awarded to the candidate.
3. After successful completion of six semester (3rd Year) B. Voc. Degree will be awarded to the candidate
3. Eligibility criteria for admission
12th class or equivalent from any stream.
4. Total number of seats
B. Voc. (Retail Management & IT) : 50
5. Reservation of Seats
As per rules of University of Delhi.
(i) Generic Component
The general education component should adhere to the normal university standards. It should emphasize and offer courses which provide holistic development. However, it should not exceed 40% of the total curriculum.
(ii) Skill Component:
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) & Sector Skill Council (SSC) will share the curriculum of the identified job roles which will being alignment to qualification packs and National Occupational Standards.
7. Credit Calculation
The following formula should be used for conversion of time into credit hours
a) One Credit would mean equivalent of 14 to 15 periods of 60 minutes each, for theory, workshops/labs and tutorials:
b) For internship/field work, the credit weightage for equivalent hours shall be 50% of that for lectures/labs and tutorials;
c) For self-learning, based on e-content or otherwise, the credit weightage for equivalent hours of study should be 50% or less of that for lectures/workshops.
||Skill Component Credits
||General Education Credits
||Total Credits (Cumulative)
||Normal calendar duration
||Exit Points/ Awards
|5 (Year 1)
|6 (Year 2)
|7 (Year 3)