With a goal and objective to explore and promote research in frontier technologies as well as in the various disciplines, Rajarshi Shahu Mahavidyalya (Autonomous), Latur has established significant scientific industrial research and development activities.
The fundamental model of a "teaching-only" institution is insufficient for any type of education, but it is particularly deficient for technical education. New technologies are often developed, making knowledge in all fields of technical education dynamic. In this situation, it is impossible for the teachers to provide high-quality instruction without being aware of recent advancements in the topics, which necessitates ongoing knowledge updates. Being an active researcher in the fields that interest you is a well-known strategy for dealing with this paradigm. As researchers, they must be aware of both historical and contemporary advances in their fields.
At RSML, a research and development cell was developed to foster research and creative thinking among both academics and students. Young minds in the Institute have a place to grow in terms of creativity and invention thanks to the R&D Cell. Only via meticulous R&D efforts will novel breakthroughs be made. The Institute offers a SEED MONEY to enable basic infrastructure for collaborative research among people.
A nominated group made up of professors/scientist from several disciplines is called the RSML R&D cell. This group is in charge of ensuring that the Institute's R&D activities are coordinated effectively and smoothly, which promotes overall progress. The advisor, principal, dean, and coordinator positions in the organisational structure support the cell's daily operations.
• To promote a scientific mindset.
• To come up with creative solutions for issues in academia and society.
• To promote, plan, and carry out research and development programmes (workshops, seminars, and trainings).
• To raise public awareness of developing technology and commercial product standards.
• Through consulting projects, give academics and students the opportunity to work on the newest, rapidly emerging technology in accordance with industry requirements.
• To locate and alert researchers to suitable research opportunities made public by various academic, research, industry, or governmental organisations.
• To promote and make it easier for research projects and works to be published in reputable academic journals and conferences.
• To develop and implement a framework for research quality assurance to make sure that all of the college's research activities adhere to established standards for quality.
• To create, impose, and enforce rules and regulations to make sure that all researchers abide by the research code and the framework for research quality assurance.
• To raise knowledge about filing patents and IPRs
• To promote core competencies and consultancy work
• To foster innovations, entrepreneurships & Startups through Rajarshi Shahu Incubation & Innovation Start-up Ecosystem (RISE)
The R&D Cell will meet at least four times per year (Provided more than 60 % members of the quorum should be present for the meeting).
• Advisory Committee- The advisory committee's responsibility to RDC is to provide
guidance on research-related issues as needed.
• Director RDC (Convener)- Convener is expected to participate in committee discussions and decision-making as well as report back on Institute Research Committee in business to their constituents (in faculties, research students, and other committees).
• Institute Research Advisor-(with at least ten years of expertise in research supervision or distinguished researcher in institute)
• Acting as a liaison with other Institute administrative support units, sponsors, and auditors.
• Thorough knowledge of grants/funds availability for research projects/FDP’s/Seminars /Workshops for students and faculty.
• Assist teachers and research students in creating proposals and any necessary financial narratives and budgets.
• Completely comprehend direct, indirect, and Facilities and Administrative (F&A) expenses.
• Monitoring expenditures made for sponsored research projects carried out within the department to make sure they adhere to sponsor and university policies.